Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lawyers: You get what you pay for

About three weeks ago I talked to my appointed attorney on the phone. This is the same attorney referenced in my first post here "A Hello to the World", who was appointed after I fired the Federal Defender Mark Wilson. I was told about a pending order to allow monitoring of my computer by the Probation department. Monitoring which I would have to pay $25 per month for. I would not touch this computer if that happened.

Would I not use a computer? Of course not. I would buy a laptop with cash and go mobile. I told them so. This is a waste of time unless they want to harass me, which apparently they do.

So back to my attorney. I told him to forget this. He responded by saying "Well, before we tell them to stuff it maybe you should think about it over the next few days and get back to me." He said they would look for activity on the internet that matched "my signature" -meaning writing style and interest- and get log records to connect to me and then I would be in violation for using a computer. I said fine, if that's the way they want to be than that's what they will do, but I'm not submitting to monitoring.

I never had any further conversation with him, so he just ignored what I said and agreed with the court. The court is paying him, not me, so I guess I'm getting what I paid for huh?

Here are scans of the documents I received in the mail October 30, 2009 for Allan Eric Carlson. If you right click and open in a new window you can view these full size in your browser and even save a copy if that is your desire.



He sounds so polite and friendly does he not? He certainly isn't like that on the phone. Talking to him is about as welcome as talking to the probation department. Or the FBI.




My first name is spelled wrong but this is the court order for Allan Eric Carlson. With the Feds only the number can be depended upon. Remember that if looking me up at the www.bop.gov Web site to see if I'm incarcerated again or where I'm at using the Inmate Locator.


 
"You talkin' to me?"

TES7NBUGY4MB 

No comments:

Post a Comment